rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,919Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony mirrorless FullFrame!?!?
In reply to Anastigmat, 11 months ago

Anastigmat wrote:

alcelc wrote:

Why exactly?

If you can't produce amazing images with what you already have, maybe you should find another hobby.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:
You Must Be 10% Smarter Than The Equipment You're Operating

What makes you not go to FF in the first place?

There must be something which makes you joining the mft world. Would it be its size and weight saving, would it be the technology of tomorrow attracting you?

What so excited for FF mirrorless? Never forget the huge size of FF lenses! Actually if the current compromise mft format does not satisfy you, you could always shift to FF dslr anytime.

The Contax G system was a full frame autofocus rangefinder film camera, and the lenses made for it were sharp but they were compact. Currently there is no equivalent to the Contax G since Leica rangefinders are not autofocus. A full frame mirrorless camera that takes Zeiss lenses would be a very desirable camera, because of both compactness and image quality. It runs circles around m4/3 in terms of image quality and high ISO capability, but it is more compact and convenient to use than the Leica M, and it is likely to be cheaper than the Leica.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contax_G

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Contax_G1_Rangefinder.jpg

I own a Contax G2 and I'm still using the 45mm and 90mm on MFT bodies : the lenses are small and light and fit mirrorless cameras perfectly. Too bad that I can't use the 16, 21 and 28mm due to their protruding rear elements. If Zeiss was working with Sony to adapt the Contax G lenses on a Sony mirrorless FF, I'd buy it immediately

However, I gave read that the new Sony FF mirrorless may use a curved sensor, which would make the use of legacy lenses impossible.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow