Pentax K-3 - Here is how it works.
6 months ago

Hi folks,

The best explanation of the features of the K-3 can be found at:

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/k-3/feature/

Page 2 gives a very good explanation of the AF system. For example:

Auto tracking**

to trace the subject’s movement in tandem with the new scene analysis system

The PENTAX Real-time Scene Analysis System accurately detects the color, shape and movement of a subject, and keeps monitoring it throughout the imaging process. With the help of this innovative system, the K-3 automatically shifts the AF point to trace the subject’s movement with great speed and precision. Thanks to a wide AF area covered by 27 AF points, it maintains the sharp focus on the subject, even when it’s moving at high speed or when you are using the high-speed continuous shooting mode.

** This function is available when the camera’s AF mode is set to AF.C (continuous) or AF.A (auto).

The following is the part that interests me the most:

Even when the subject moves away from the in-focus point or the K-3 loses the sight of the subject because of some obstacle, the K-3 retains the in-focus status. Depending on the photographic conditions or your preference, you can choose one of three holding durations.

The link I provided above is well worth reading.

If all of this works like it is written at the link I provided, then I can say that I am one heluva happy camper.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow