Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
grdtraveller
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Flash problems with the new Olympus XZ-10
9 months ago

The flash in my brand new Olympus XZ-10 wont fire at all in low light when set in the point and shoot Auto mode. The flash fires normally under the same light conditions when the camera is  in Program mode. When I returned the camera to the camera shop we tested the remaining stock to find they all had the same problem. I made an enquiry with another supplier who tested his stock of XZ-10 cameras with the same observation that the flash would not fire when in Auto mode. I took my camera to the authorised Olympus repairer who tested the camera and made the amazing claim that it was normal for the flash not to fire when in Auto mode. In this camera when the flash mode is selected in Auto mode the flash unit automatically pops up so it is difficult to believe that this would occur if the camera flash unit is not meant to fire. It may be that these XZ-10 cameras are just a bad production run that we have been provided in Australia. Please let me know if other users are finding the same problem

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow