Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,448Gear list
Like?
Re: Why so little fanfare for the X-A1?
In reply to Absolutic, 11 months ago

Absolutic wrote:

CAcreeks wrote:

The X-A1 is one of the more interesting cameras in recent years. Weight and size are similar to M43.

That is true. I have X-A1 sitting on my shelf next to X100 and next to Panasonic G5, and X-A1 looks truly tiny. It is very light and when you carry it, you don't even know its there. Can't wait for my 35/1.4 to arrive (probably tomorrow). I don't have Sony NEX anymore (I used to own NEX 5n and NEX 7) but from memory XA1 feels smaller than even NEX 5n.

One thing it is that it is so small that at first I thought the grip was not comfortable. However, I installed the thumb grip in the hotshoe and now it is much more comfortable to hold!

It is easier to hold with the 35mm or the 27mm than with the 18-55mm.  The latter almost requires two hands.  Don't know about the thumb brace...  but somehow the idea of bracing against the hotshoe (structurally) seems like it could lead to problems.  I guess they know what they are doing.

Anyway, I'm sure it would work better with an X-M1 than an X-A1.

(just kidding)

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow