bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,559Gear list
Like?
Re: Why so little fanfare for the X-A1?
In reply to forpetessake, Oct 7, 2013

forpetessake wrote:

WT Jones wrote:

bowportes wrote:

As a long time photography aficianado though, it's difficult for me to take any camera without a viewfinder too seriously.

I very much feel the same way. It was one of the things that attracted me to the system from the start was the viewfinders as well as the old school manual controls & aperture rings.

Frankly, Fuji just like every other large company couldn't care less what "photography aficianados (sic) " may think, they care about the sales, and it's not a secret that cameras with only LCDs are quite popular. Many of those people prefer having a large tilting screen experience to looking through a keyhole experience.

Actually, most micro four-thirds cameras that have gone that route at least have the option of an add-on viewfinder for outdoor shooting.

Do you have a problem with the word "aficionado" or just with my misspelling it?  I'm glad you enjoy your "large tilting screen experience" (sic); I'll keep my keyhole one.

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow