D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
BartyLobethal
Contributing MemberPosts: 552Gear list
Like?
My 'Favourites'
In reply to Fogsville, 9 months ago

Fogsville wrote:

And what's up with the macho language like "shoot" and "glass." "I shoot a D700" ??

My 'favourites' are:

1) "Pull the trigger" - I can't wait to "pull the trigger" on the new xyz. Wow. Gosh. You're not just some unknown photographer, you're like, a hit-man or or maybe one of those elite special forces guys or something. So much more dangerous and cool than the average schmoe. Real men don't just 'buy', they "pull the trigger".

2) "Deal breaker" - The absence of feature x was a "deal breaker" for me. Sheesh. Most of us just go to the camera store and buy a camera, or don't buy it. But up there in the stratosphere with the short-handful of other Important People, you "do deals". You don't simply pay the list price or wait for bargains, you negotiate directly with the camera company on terms that work solely to your advantage. The camera company respects you and scrambles to meet your terms, but you accept no compromises. No doubt on those rare occasions a piece of tech meets your extraordinary standards, you accomplish the "deal" by "pulling the trigger".

-- hide signature --

BartyL

BartyLobethal's gear list:BartyLobethal's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow