WT Jones
Senior MemberPosts: 2,432
Like?
Re: Why so little fanfare for the X-A1?
In reply to forpetessake, 10 months ago

forpetessake wrote:

WT Jones wrote:

bowportes wrote:

As a long time photography aficianado though, it's difficult for me to take any camera without a viewfinder too seriously.

I very much feel the same way. It was one of the things that attracted me to the system from the start was the viewfinders as well as the old school manual controls & aperture rings.

Frankly, Fuji just like every other large company couldn't care less what "photography aficianados (sic) " may think, they care about the sales, and it's not a secret that cameras with only LCDs are quite popular. Many of those people prefer having a large tilting screen experience to looking through a keyhole experience.

Petessake, I do not follow you here. If what you say is true, then why did Fuji go through the time & expense of building the Hybrid viewfinder? Obviously someone at Fuji must have thought it to be a good idea for sales or they would not have done it. And the also must think something of what we think as they are being good about incorporating changes suggested by the user base, i.e. photography aficionados . Some of the other large companies don't do even seem to listen.

And of course some people could give a rats behind about about a viewfinder. I have a 30 year old daughter that could care less, her camera is an i-phone. does that make her wrong? Hell no! Nor does my love of a good viewfinder make me wrong.

-- hide signature --

Warren

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow