Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,706Gear list
Like?
Re: cancelled
In reply to henryp, 10 months ago

henryp wrote:

Absolutic wrote:

OP here. B&H is a mess. The camera showed in stock today I ordered with next day delivery. I got no notification that it is being delivered, nothing. I just clicked on 'cancel the order." I'd rather deal with amazon at least when it shows in stock at amazon it is actually in stock. No more B&H.

Very sorry. It was (and is) in stock. Our computer system went down for a couple of hours the same afternoon delaying order processing. We're very sorry for this unanticipated inconvenience.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Henry, thank you.

I knew about the computer system down the following week.   However, I did not know about it at the time and it would be nice if you guys told the people that offered to pay $60 for next day delivery what was going on at the time instead of leaving them hanging.  Some kind of notification would have been nice.

By the way, around the same time, someone from your store offered to check on another order of mine (Olympus EM1 that I had on preoder) and never got back to me.  That order was cancelled as well.

That is two bad experiences with B&H in a row and I know vast majority of people here love dealing with you but I am going to take my money elsewhere.  I don't need this anxiety.

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow