D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
anirbana
Regular MemberPosts: 208Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 + D800 divide by 2 = D700
In reply to CFynn, 9 months ago

Nikon has to address two important things with the D610 if it is not just a rumour.

1. Demonstrate that the dust / oil issue is fixed - indirect or direct claim that is enough to convince buyers

2. Compete with 6D where people can appreciate the advantages of the features that makes D600/D610 better in paper than 6D and not worry about dust/oil

And to do these two they must price it well - For UK say around £1500 new to start with. A new 6D costs less than £1300 with cash back. People married to Nikon system will find that price point perfect as long as the worry on dust is gone.

For converts and new owners, £1500 could be a good balance between price and features.

A new D800 costs £1949 in UK hence D610 cannot be released at the £1975 price point which was the D600 price at release .

It is becoming a waiting game...

I am not really interested with GPS and Wifi. Just a good full frame Nikon a nudge below the mighty D800. The D600's sensor is already awesome, so just a bit of quality control would be nice.

Would be glad if they add 51pt AF, ,1/8000 shutter speed and a 1/250 sync speed and price it another £200 more, but it would be close to the D800 price and not sure if Nikon would do that as a business.

I have 3 FX lenses (50mm F1.8G, 85 mm F1.8G and tamron 70-300 VC) and a D5100. On upgrading, I would keep the D5100 as backup.

Bring it on Nikon.

anirbana's gear list:anirbana's gear list
Nikon D600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow