Started Oct 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chrisnorris
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
G6 or GH3 can't decide
Oct 7, 2013

I have been shooting with a D7000 and got a Panasonic G5 about 6 months ago.  Now decided to sell my DX stuff and go totally M4/3 but can't decide which camera to go for.  I like the panasonic menus etc so am tempted to stay with pany rather than going to the EM-1.  I like a central viewfinder so will probably not get the GX7.  Looking at the GH3 it is built like a tank, has lots of external controls, but has a few questions over the EVF (depending on which forum you look at!) although it looked fine to me in the store.  G6 is lighter weight but seemed less ergonomic to me, and I feel it is not much of an upgrade on the G5.  I am gravitating towards keeping the G5 as a backup body and going for a GH3.  GH3 is more expensive than G6 in the UK, but not by much.  Just wondered if anyone else had been thinking along these lines and what decision they had made.

chrisnorris's gear list:chrisnorris's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +5 more
Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow