Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iancrowe
Contributing MemberPosts: 956
Like?
****** Mini Challenge 381 - A Different View ******
6 months ago

Many thanks to Lionel for hosting the last Mini Challenge.

Our cameras give us the chance to see the world in a different way. We can freeze a moment in time or compress many seconds into a single image, capture a vast panorama or zoom in on a tiny detail. We can see in different lights or capture subtle variations of a single colour.

What I'm looking for is a different view on the world. It can be a tiny detail on a building only visible with a long lens, a crashing wave frozen as it tumbles, a 360 degree panorama of a busy street, the view straight down from a tall building, an infra red landscape or just about anything that makes the ordinary look extraordinary.

It's a wide subject so hopefully it will get your creative juices going.

I'll close the challenge at 12 noon BST on Monday 14th October and hopefully have the results up that night.

The usual rules apply:-

As a show of courtesy, and to save bandwidth, please remove the original post when replying, so you don't bring back any previous photos.

You may enter up to 3 pictures, but put them in a single post. Please give a title to each photo, this makes it easier to differentiate when giving comments.

Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).

When posting your picture, change the Subject of your post to display your picture titles and/or your name. This way, when someone replies it will refer specifically to you. If all entries read "Re: *** Mini-Challenge xxx - ... ***" it would be very boring to scan the list.

Posting Guidelines

The winner then hosts the next challenge, judges the winner, and passes on the baton to that person. The winner has 48 hours to post the new challenge. If that doesn't happen 2nd place has 24 hours to do so, and if that doesn't happen it's up to the 3rd place winner.

The host chooses the winner, and the decision is final. No matter what you say, the host is likely not going to change his mind after the fact. Remember, it's all about fun and learning.

Feel free to comment on other contestant’s images. If you want people to give you constructive criticism, ask for C&C.

You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo (because we like to know).

The host gives you a topic of interest. You post a maximum of three images. Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera.

Some Previous Mini-Challenges:

350 Happy Holidays

351 Fireworks

352 It's all in the eyes

353 Panoramas

354 Infants and Toddlers

355 Music

356 The Portrait: Window into The Soul

357 Dissonant Composition

358 The Perfect (Post) Process

359 Museums and Galleries

360 Night

361 Fun

362 Wide Angle

363 Public Sleeping

364 Desktop

365 Dramatic Weather

366 Red

367 On The Street

368 Shadows and Silhouettes

369 A Photograph that best Represents a Song Title or Lyric Line

370 Selective Color

371 Capture My Interest

372 Sports

373 Modes of Land Transport

374 The Blue Hour

375 Your most unique sunset or sunrise shot

376 Shared moments

377 Summer

378 Fall colors

379 Water

380 Outdoor Food

I'll post some samples but pleas don't take these as any guide to what will win.

All the best

Ian

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow