Started Oct 4, 2013 | Polls thread
Keit ll
Senior MemberPosts: 2,876Gear list
Like?
Re: Neither
In reply to deednets, Oct 7, 2013

deednets wrote:

57LowRider wrote:

Frankly I'm appalled to find, after almost a year of shooting a lot of images that I really really like with my X-E1, that the X-Trans sensor is No Good. Well knock me down with a chamois leather, I'll have to start disliking all of my shots now.

Same here ... *wink, wink*

Deed

I have to say that your over-reaction over this sensor issue is typically defensive. I haven't seen posts saying that the X-trans is 'No good' but there a some which claim that the Bayer is good & is cheaper & is more easily handled by PS & similar programs.

Even some supporters of the X-trans sensor admit that there are issues over the rendering of foliage in landscape shots , hence the support for different RAW converters. Fuji upset some users of the X-100 when they switched to a non-Bayer sensor , are the ideasĀ & feelings of those users to be tossed aside & dismissed as invalid ?

Comparisons of the X-100 & X-100s are complicated by the change in sensor resolution whereas the XM-1 & XA-1 comparisons are on a more level playing field. To my mind the final verdict isn't in yet but people need to calm down over  this issue & deal with it in a more rational manner.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow