D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
What to do
In reply to Nikonfan99, 9 months ago

Nikonfan99 wrote:

So what exactly are you saying? I see you drawing conclusions from my words but do tell what your solution is for people that get the issue and are maybe...hmmm out of warranty, had the shutter replaced already or if it is getting better over time?

I wont put words in your mouth so you tell me.

Well thanks, Nikonfan99.

So, what to do?

(1) don't buy another D600.  If you already happen to be in the crappy situation you describe above, why double-down on it?  For the love of god, don't burn yourself twice.

(2) recognize that Nikon's mid-level tools aren't all that special.  Every brand has strategic strengths, surely, but they all exist in a competitive marketplace because they are competitive.   Whatever gorgeous shot you can snap with a Nikon D600, you can most certainly also snap with a Canon 6D or a Sony Alpha 99.

(3) if you're a professional, recognize that the manufacturer of your cameras is your business partner in important ways.  Service and support can have a huge impact on your creative output and your bottom line.  When you choose a system, you aren't just choosing the one that offers the best particular technology--you're choosing the most supportive partner.  RUN from partners that don't appear zealously interested in supporting you.

(4) recognize that, as a consumer, your wallet is your voice.  Your purchases are support of the products and business practices that won them.  So, if you buy unreliable or untested products, expect more unreliable and untested products.

(1) + (2) + (3) + (4) = if you've had a rotten experience with Nikon, when it comes time to upgrade or to expand, buy something else.  And in the meanwhile, don't try to rationalize a bad experience into a good one.  It is what it is: you might still be getting great photographs, but don't give Nikon credit for vision you might have exercised just as well (or better, with less trouble) with anyone else's product.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow