D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 4,069Gear list
Like?
Re: The Well-Tempered Report
In reply to Nikonfan99, Oct 6, 2013

I am not saying nikon is right in how this issue was dealt with but lets be real. You have problems like dust/oil on some cameras and you have problems like memory card slot failure, total shutdown, green light of death or focus issues. lets keep it in perspective.

Exactly. Green light of death killed my uncle two years ago. His widow is suing Nikon.

I have avoided the d600 forum for this specific reason. Most people take the issue and turn it into doom and gloom. The sky is falling and where is will smith to save us? kind of stuff.

I had some doom and gloom of my own when my D800 couldn't focus worth a hill of beans. But the firmware update solved the problem and I finally had the camera I wanted. But it took a while!

Your average shooter would benefit from avoiding such forums and spending that energy in taking a photography class, reading photography books, or forbid me for saying it....shooting with the camera. I hear a lot of lonely cats meowing right now cause the owner is busy posting about how the d600 is garbage because of dust and how they plan to spend money on the new d610 or maybe switch to another brand.

Yup!

nikon made a product that has a known issue.....they seem to have no consistent fix. They suck...I get it. I am not going to toss and turn over it. I will still deliver my clients nice photos and if I ever work with a company that needs photos of white walls they have painted, I will be sure to rent a canon

Or just clean the sensor as needed. Or send it in for a replacement shutter or go ahead and buy the D610. I probably wouldn't either.

I get why people hate nikon for this issue and how they felt abused now that word of a D610 has come but really folks, breathe in and for the love of god dont sell your d600 right away to get a d600 solely based upon dust. Unless you work for that white wall companies photography department or any other style of photography where it makes financial sense and the issue is such a time consuming burden.

Actually, I work for a company that only makes and services white parachutes.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow