Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Oswald61
Regular MemberPosts: 312
Like?
Olympus sh50
Oct 6, 2013

I just picked up an Olympus sh50 from Craigslist for a decent price. It's almost brand new, and so far I am impressed. I have owned the Xz1 before, but sold that to get a Canon G1x which I love.

I am enjoying  the magic filters,(I missed the dramatic tone one from my Xz1), and the zoom range is fantastic for a camera that is a similar size to the Xz1 - 25mm to 600mm.The movie mode is incredible, the five axis stabilization works wonderfully. It has a panorama mode that is much like a Sony would have, none of the awkward way you have to use with the Xz1, or even my G1x. So much easier!

It is very much a point and shoot camera, but does have a program/manual mode. The flash pops up, but does not allow you to bounce it like the Xz1 does.

I can fit this camera into a jacket pocket easily, and no problem with cargo shorts as well. It is not that heavy for me at least.

So all in all, a great camera that can do macro, tele macro, and zoom into shots from a distance.

Here ares some quick pics using some of the filters, zoom range, and panorama done in camera. One or two were played with in Snapseed for Pc. The candle shot is Iso3200.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow