parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,709
Like?
Re: Is the NEX-5T the last NEX camera?
In reply to captura, 11 months ago

captura wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

captura wrote:

Although the 5R and the 6 are basically the same camera internally, they did a slightly better job with the 6. For example, leaving the active selection feature of the Navi-screen disabled may have been a sloppy accident by someone as opposed to intentional. If this had been done intentionally, it would have not been so obscured...no one even picked up on that oversight until now.

'The Lotus Eater' comment back in March:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-nex-6-earns-silver-award-at-dpreview/

He doesn't mention that the 6 has Quick-Navi.

He said "Don’t forget that the NEX-5R doesn’t have Quick-navi. That is a BIG one as far as I’m concerned, especially if you’re used to the old Alpha DSLRs that had it."

In reply to the following post: "Technically the NEX-6 is a NEX-5R without Touchscreen, but with Viewfinder, integrated Flash and Standard Hotshoe in a near NEX-7 body. Not into Viewfinders, not into Flash Photography and not into Retro Style Cameras I’m better off with the 5R, but a standard cinch Audio-In would have already made the difference."

I think it's obvious he was comparing to the NEX-6

FWIW I said it a couple of times :

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52056910

So you did. Back then, you already knew the NEX-6 already had it?

I knew it as soon as I read the DPReview of the NEX-6 which I think would have been more or less when it was published back in March.  No props to me however for just reading somebody else's review!

I actually bought the EVF rather stupidly assuming it would activate the Quick-Navi when attached - serves me right for not checking thoroughly, but I don't regret the purchase!

Reading a bit further however suggests that the Quick-Navi is not perfect: it allows you to change one parameter and then de-activates itself so you have to get it running again if you want to change a second parameter

Regards!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow