Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave729
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
I'm going broke buying E-M5 Eyecups!
9 months ago

Well, maybe somewhat of an exaggeration, but I'm opening my 5th new one today.  And they're not cheap and not always available.  I'd almost have my B+H Kaesselmann nano-coated circular polarizer by now if i used the equivalent amount I've spent for eyecups!

I know I'm rough on them due to the way I carry my camera - I'm an addict of sling straps and use a Luma Loop to carry my E-M5.  With its free-moving attachment, it slides up the sling for a shot as fast as I  can lift it to my eye.  But when I'm done it always sits at my hip.  But because its not up on my chest like a regular neck strap, I lose most cups by the edge of the cup (the rubber part) catching on something.  I learned after the second loss to immediately order an extra to "keep in stock".

So I have two questions:

1) Have any offbrand eyecup providers appeared yet (aka CHEAP)?

2) Any suggestions on other ways to carry that give the rapid convenience of a sling strap? Neck straps give me headache, but I'm opening to listening...

Dave729's gear list:Dave729's gear list
Pentax Optio 43WR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DaveNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow