D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
MrPicky
Regular MemberPosts: 113
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to Shotcents, 11 months ago

Nikonfan99 wrote:

I agree. The amazing thing is the cameras still work

They take photos and ones that have great dynamic range and just look beautiful with detail that I never saw on my previous nikons. I also did not buy my D600's as an investment to sell later. I purchased it to use in my business. If I was not using it for business I would have bought it to shoot with it and would use it for a few years and upgrade when the time came. Any piece of camera equipment besides some high end glass is a bad investment if you look at it as a future return when you look at it. It is not a stock or a gold bond. It is an artistic tool that is digital and will be outdated and have great value loss over time. Yes some exceptions exist based on current camera releases but for the most part digital cameras are not financial investments. Will the d600 have a higher loss in value do to this stigma? Yes it sure will but truth be told I will use it while it makes me money and others will use it as a tool till it gets outdated or dies or they decide they want a new toy and if they are buying out of having extra money laying around, so be it.

If you bought a D600 to actually take photos, then you made a good investment.

But most people in these forums take very few photos.

Robert

Totally agree. I know alot of people who has the funds to wear expensive cameras around their necks like like jewelry. 1) look around to see is anybody is looking
2) take 1 picture
3) view that 1 picture for 5 mins
4) feels like im so cool
5) go on dpreview to join conversation of dust

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow