70d look and feel..

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Stakeouttoo
Contributing MemberPosts: 572Gear list
Like?
Re: 70d look and feel..
In reply to rrccad, 9 months ago

rrccad wrote:

well i have an EOS-M as well and the touchscreen interface is intuitive and downright ridiculously so much easier than a viewfinder / PDAF for flipping focus anywhere around in 80% of the entire field of view.

for macro work and landscape i much prefer the touchscreen and associated AF than i do viewfinder AF. no focus / recompose for hyperfocal .. nothing. just touch and the picture takes. end of story. like i said if you haven't tried it .. you just don't know how insanely good it is.

wifi - again for macro / tripod work / long exposure work - being have to remotely control / tether your camera without cords - a complete win.

like i said - every aspect of the photographic experience outside of a single SD card was upgraded from the 60D. anymore upgrades, and it would have been a 7D body.

that makes using it as a P&S.. if I want a P&S I use my old lil' 850is.. not for me when using a DSLR..as I said.. I don't use Live-view either...don't know how you can view the screen that well in sunlight.. I can't... maybe on a Super-Amoled smartphone  Galaxy type screen is the only way I'll use a touchscreen-camera in daylight

glad you like it 

-- hide signature --

Ray
my Canon 60d sure beats using that ol' Petri 7s

Stakeouttoo's gear list:Stakeouttoo's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow