D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leif Goodwin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,390Gear list
Like?
Re: Friend just got one for $500
In reply to Nikonfan99, Oct 6, 2013

Nikonfan99 wrote:

Lol I agree.

Trade in value from keh has been pretty steady since release date of d600 $1,080

Trade in for b&h $1,100

Ebay recent sold units go from a wide range of $1,200 to $1,500.

Far from $500.

I think average private sale will be $1,200-$1,500 like ebay.

On a side note d800 trade in is $1,580 on b&h & $1,610 on keh.

So in the end either way you get about half of what you paid for it.

Canon 6D ....keh. $1182 b&h $1,112.

The thought of voicing anger because of financial loss on a digital camera is a joke to me. I have never bought one single camera, lens or accessory that I did not sell at a big loss. You can count on about a 30-%50 value loss just after a year.

I soil a Zeiss binocular after 10 years for about what I paid for it, albeit in real terms at a loss. I sold a Nikon 14-24 F2.8 lens for a bit more than I paid about 6 years earlier. I sold a 10 year old Leica scope and eyepieces at a small loss. The secret is to keep it for many years, and make sure it is mint or near mint. You do lose due to inflation, but consider the loss as the rental, and it is a bargain. Cameras are different for obvious reasons i.e. they become obsolete. Selling a camera or lens after 1 year is always bad news, unless you got it for a song. At the risk of stating the obvious, buy what you will use, so even if you lose money, who cares.

-- hide signature --

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow