Is moving from a PC to an Imac a good idea or not?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,184Gear list
Like?
Is moving from a PC to an Imac a good idea or not?
11 months ago

I have found some great information in this forum when I posted a question about moving files from a PC to an Imac.  Now I am going to purchase a new computer right after Christmas, and am still not sure if I will be getting an Imac or a new PC.  My monitor seems to be dying so I will need to replace it even if I were to purchase a new PC.  When I look at pricing, getting a new workstation and a new monitor will bring the cost to being more than an Imac.  So would you who have moved from a PC to Apple do it again, knowing what they know now?  I posted the same question in PC talk to find out about people who have moved from Apple to a PC.

I have an Apple store down the street and that has been a great help at seeing the products.  The 21.5 Imac is about the same size as my HP 20" monitor.

I shoot a lot of street.  I was a CAD designer for around 20 years and worked on a drafting board before that.  I like my PC, but they do have problems, viruses, etc.  I have a friend who had a Mac for maybe 15 years and never had a problem.  My main usage is LR and most of my photos are on external drives.

www.photosbypike.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
QQNew
(unknown member)
iMacNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow