D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to Shotcents, 10 months ago

I have been avoiding these D600/D610 forums for the past few months because I got tired of people arguing back and forth or just making a mountain out of an ant hill.

I had put a lot of time into going back and forth explaining what was causing the issue and how to clean the sensor and not to think a repair is going to resolve the design flaw. In the end it was all for nothing. Perhaps some people started to clean the sensor and took advantage of all that this camera has to offer or perhaps they sold the camera at a huge loss thinking that some magical flawless new device exists.

I feel the D800 is overkill for some users and the D600 stigma has caused an increase in people opting for the used D700 units. Soon a D600 alternative will emerge and people will jump on it as they often do and they will perhaps jump too early. I would rather be in the group that gets the most use out of my D600 Instead of the group that sold a perfectly great camera at a $1,000+ loss and got the new toy only to find out that the new toy may come with a new issue.

Cameras are getting to be like cellphones in some ways and people want the latest and greatest. Nikon will happily take more of peoples money as long as they are willing to part with it.

like I said, very few people would ever meet the standard where the D600 would not be useful or manageable even with this issue. Nikon on the other hand is counting on the ones that are willing to be the new test subjects. Hey if someone has some extra cash burning a hole in the pocket go right for it. I can see it now....

Subject line: D610 _____(fill in the blank) issue.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow