Which Induro Tripod (CT114 or CT214) and Which Ballhead (RRS BH-30 or RRS-BH-40)

Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clarksbrother
Contributing MemberPosts: 501
Like?
Which Induro Tripod (CT114 or CT214) and Which Ballhead (RRS BH-30 or RRS-BH-40)
Oct 6, 2013

Greetings All - since I value the experiences of fellow photogs more than any online reviews can provide, I'd appreciate any advice on a buying decision I have.

The shooting I intend to do is probably a lot of long time lapse, or time lapse video, sometimes in windy conditions.

For equipment, I plan on using a Canon 5D Mk II, probably a 16-35mm or 24-105mm and likely a Syrp Genie (motion timelapse device) or Radian (motion timelapse device).
Currently, I have a Gitzo 5541LS (big heavy duty carbon fiber tripod) and a RRS BH-55 ballhead. If you're familiar with them, you know that although its a very sturdy and heavy duty setup...it's heavy, big and a pain to carry around.

So - I'm trying to figure out the smallest rig I can carry around that will still reliably get the job done. I think I've narrowed my selection down to either the Induro CT114 or CT214 and the ballhead down to a Really Right Stuff BH-30 or BH-40.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the route I should take? Is there something you feel I've overlooked which would be better than anything I mentioned? All advice and comments are welcomed! Thanks in advance!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow