Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
philzucker
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,930
Like?
Inept homage to Guy Bourdin
9 months ago

Sorry, Guy, but I just had to try this ...

I definitely found out two things doing this: that Guy Bourdin's model was 100% more agile than me (also marginally prettier), and that to do a pic like this is much more complicated than it looks.

I bet Bourdin had it even harder as he did that without digital retouching back in 1975 for Vogue.

I'm pretty sure I can't post it without risking copyright issues, so to see the picture I'm referencing you have to look here: http://www.vanitatis.com/fotos/exposicion-madrid-20101015-53-album.html

And now you can let out the laugh!

No, seriously, Bourdin was quite a guy (excuse the pun, must have been done a thousand times already) - look him up in the Wikipedia and do a picture search with Google. I just saw some work he did in an exhibition here, was impressed and just had to try. I always find one learns a lot when doing so.

The tech data: K-01 on a tripod with DA10-17@10mm, f16, 1/4s, ISO 3200, three combined shots; I had to do an extra one with flash for the hand holding the pic because I just couldn't hold it still enough for 1/4s - just try it in that position... The EXIF data displayed here is from that flash pic, so don't get confused - the data given above applies for the two other ones. The de-fishing was done in LR, composite work in PS.

Phil

-- hide signature --
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow