D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,637Gear list
Like?
what would be nice.. but controversial is..
In reply to chipmaster, 9 months ago

chipmaster wrote:

ROFL laughing

New camera with 0.5 FPS and more body sealing, yup those were the clear things that required upgrading one year later after release.

Nikon should be manly enough tos say

NEW IMPROVEd SHUTTER 6FPS

NEW IMPROVED SHUTTER 6FPS

NEW IMPROVED SHUTTER 6FPS

and put it on the sticker on the 610 box. Its amazing what a little less grease/oil will do to speed up the shutter when it isn't throwing any of that stuff!

Don't get me wrong, I have a D600 and D4. Actually my D600 is my second one as I liked its combo of performance, price, and super quiet shutter for event shooting where quiet shutter is appreciated. The first D600 was an oily mess, returned to COSTCO. The second one I've done two wet cleans thru 8K shots, had the shutter replaced and cleaned just 3 weeks ago from Nikon. I can only hope that they replaced with with the new and improved shutter in the D610 and I am going to be taken care of. Hmm, maybe Nikon slipped me an upgrade and my D600 does 6 FPS

Nikon to bring out firmware for existing D600 users that let the  (probably already capable) shutter go to 1/8000th and sync go up 1/250th.

Give it a couple of weeks after the D610  release of course.. don't want to upset the hornets nest too quickly.

A nice sweetener eh?

Is that a flying pig I see... ?

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow