D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to TOF guy, Oct 6, 2013

If anyone knows me on here, they know my D600 story. If not let me refresh people.

I bought my first D600 when they came out and within a few weeks knew something was wrong. I first started defending nikon (like the fanboy I was) and saying it is just normal dust and soon realized it was not normal dust. A clear pattern of why this was happening emerged. I apologized to people on these forums for arguing with them and admitted the issue. That body has well over 15,000 shutter count last time I checked it.

With the help of nicholas at copper hill images, I was able to start cleaning my sensor and even bought a second D600 for my wedding business. I bought the second D600 months back and it too has the issue. Now truth be told, I have had to only touch up a few actual photos that showed any spots. I shoot weddings mostly and do some studio work and at f2.8-f11 ranges. At this point I clean the sensor every few months and really have seen the issue on my bodies get better with each cleaning.

My point is that it has never stopped me from producing the images I need. The photos coming out of this camera are pure amazing and I love the dynamic range. It has really helped me step up my game.

Now I fully understand how this can be a time consuming issue if you shoot a specific way in a specific setting.

I am disappointed with nikons handling of this issue and that is why I will not send my cameras into them for this issue. I personally would rather clean it and enjoy the camera and not risk someone taking my camera apart and causing some other issue down the road. I choose to stick to the devil I know.

As far as a D610 release, I say good for them if they actually did a whole new design to fix it but shame on them at the same time for not having a consistent fix for the problem once it was found. I personally WOULD NOT BUY A D610 UPON RELEASE!!!!

The idea of buying any other nikon camera upon release seems to be a very very bad idea to me. I also dont think selling a D600 solely because of this issue makes sense unless you are in that group of people that shoot time critical photos that are in the F stop range and you dont have a way to clean the sensor or have time to touch up if need be. I have a feeling the group of people that actually meet that standard are small.

I would not sell my D600's at a $1,000+ loss per body just to obtain a D610 because of dust/oil. The issue gets better over time. If this was an issue that made the camera shut down, corrupted files or complete system failure, I would trade in but not for dust/oil. Maybe some people are wealthy and more power to you if you can take the loss but financially it makes no sense to me. Same thing with the sb-900/sb-910. Yes if you shoot a certain way you need the 910 but the majority I bet would have been fine using the 900. This is not approval for nikons behavior but I am just saying the grass may be less oily on the other side but it may also contain a cobra snake

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow