Started Oct 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,473Gear list
Like?
Re: I only see 3 so far
In reply to LTZ470, Oct 6, 2013

LTZ470 wrote:

sean lancaster wrote:

But these same wide angle problems are not visible on my 5N. And we know that one of the FF NEX cameras will be 24 megapixels. That should have no problem with wide angle. The 36 megapixel model should be more similar in cropability to the NEX 7, so perhaps we'll see about the vignetting. But Sony is also designing things a little differently and they've had a few years to work on this new design. Like I said, we'll know soon enough. But this is their one chance to wow the world with these new FF mirrorless cameras, so I'll be surprised if the expensive 24 - 70 Zeiss lens fails on release. Keep in mind the 10 - 18 came out years later. Even the 16 pancake didn't fail so much because of vignetting on the NEX 7 as much as the lens was just crummy. ;~) The 18-55 kit lens seems to do just fine on the NEX 7 doesn't it? So the 24 - 70 on the larger FF NEX should be fine as well. Wider than 24 and we'll have to wait and see. I have no desire for anything wider than 24 other than my Rokinon fisheye 8/2.8 on my NEX 5N (and I prefer it over any fisheye I'd get for my Canon 6D).

Yep, sounds very reasonable Sean, I am hoping you are absolutely correct and Wide Lens will not have an issue on the Nex FF…very encouraging what you wrote…thanks...

LTZ, I just read that the crop mode of the two FF NEX sensors end up being: 15.4 and 10.3. If that's the case then even the larger FF NEX will perform about like the NEX 5N. Neither one should come close to having the issues that the NEX 7 has. I feel pretty confident now. I also read today that the Emount lenses will work in crop mode, but that Sony is also making them available for full frame shooting. Some Emount lenses should perform pretty well in FF mode, but I suspect some black corners with some other Emount lenses. But at least it's a choice being offered.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow