SUV Runs Over Biker, helmet cam to the rescue?

Started Oct 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 4,663Gear list
Like?
Re: SUV Runs Over Biker, helmet cam to the rescue?
In reply to Bajerunner, Oct 6, 2013

Bajerunner wrote:

zackiedawg wrote:

happysnapper64 wrote:

I have been held up several times by pedal cyclists & it can be a pain. The bikers could have pulled over & let the SUV through. However, I would like to know where the SUV driver was going that meant waiting a few minutes would spoil?

Actually, it wasn't that he was being held up by a motorcycle driving along legally or normally, and the bikers couldn't let the SUV through, because they were in the act of illegally shutting down the highway - this is a new trend in some parts of the US, a road version of a flash mob. Cars and or bikers suddenly stop all traffic flow on a major highway, then start performing stunts in the middle of the road for a few minutes, then scatter before police can respond. They were apparently attempting such a shut down when a few cars decided to defy them, they apparently got angry, and started attacking one of the cars and trying to surround and stop him, then started assaulting the car when he panicked and hit the gas to get away.

The bikers were dead wrong and highly illegal. The driver was rash and panicked and caused injury in trying to get away. The one biker didn't necessarily deserve the punishment he got, but they all deserve to be fined/arrested, and the SUV driver didn't necessarily deserve the punishment he got, assaulted and attacked and then beaten by dozens of bikers.

If I had to assign more guilt on either party, it would have to be the bikers who caused the entire chain of events with their illegal activity.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

True, I know if I had thirty people around me acting crazy I would surely panic too. What state was the drivers mind in???

We can only guess.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Theoretically, the 911 operators know as he was on the phone with them?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow