Is the NEX-5T the last NEX camera?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Dan W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,980Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the NEX-5T the last NEX camera?
In reply to parallaxproblem, 9 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote

I also get the feeling that the NEX-5R wasn't designed by the same people that did the two previous NEX-5 models as various detail changes really 'jar' with the original concept: strap holding lugs, button colour, inversed LCD with resistive instead of capacitative screen and removal of protective screen and light sensor, plastic used for the top plate. I wonder if there were changes in the NEX design team and if so then why those changes happened? Again, just speculation on my part

If Sony used a new team to design the 5R, it was a good decision overall, IMO. The function button and control wheel are useful. As for the color of the buttons, do you really look at them when shooting or just feel for them? I don't have much problem getting to the buttons but if they were raised a bit and/or textured, it would be an improvement. I do think they look nice.

I suppose the other items you mentioned are cost cutting measures.

Truth be told, I like the design (the looks) of my C3 best of all, but the 5R is easier to use and has some features that the C3 lacks.

DW

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7000 NEX5R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow