While everyone ooohs and aaaahs over the leaked K3 pictures and specs..

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,338Gear list
Like?
While everyone ooohs and aaaahs over the leaked K3 pictures and specs..
9 months ago

While everyone ooohs and aaaahs over the leaked K3 pictures and specs.. I am waiting to see the most important thing... photos taken with the K3.   I've read every post I can find regarding this camera and it seems....

1 they've upped the megapixels.  Not always a good thing.  Wait and see.

2 they've added features for guys who shoot video.  I don't shoot video.

3 they've added another memory card slot.  Ok

4 they've moved the buttons around.  Always seem to do that, don't they?

5 they've done a bunch of other stuff.. USB 3.0, diopter change, viewfinder, etc..

I just find it entertaining to read so much speculation and hear of plans to buy this camera before we have seen image one from the camera itself.  Have I lost sight of what is really important here?  I always thought it was what the camera produced that was the most important thing.

I, like many, would have preferred the announcement of a FF camera maybe just a tad larger than the K5.. then I would think the increase in those megapixels might be a really good thing... but I would not be making plans to buy it until I saw the photos it produced and they turn out to be something special.

I'm not saying I will not buy one.. just that I have no immediate plans to do so.  I gotta see what it can do rather than buy based on photos of the camera and specs.

and one more thing... I don't care whose name is on the front or back.. I just want a camera that produces photo with great DR, IQ, High ISO/Low Noise and true color... and I really don't care where they put the buttons or if it has dual headphone jacks and plays itunes.

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow