Senior MemberPosts: 1,639Gear list
Like?
Re: 70d look and feel..
In reply to R2D2, 6 months ago

R2D2 wrote:

rrccad wrote:

Lemming51 wrote:

Stakeouttoo wrote:

over the past week handled the 70d...not sure if it is just me but I thought it felt more like a Rebel series camera like my old Xsi (450d) than my 60d which I still like a lot..

??? Per manufacturer and preview descriptions I've seen, in terms of Size, weight, control layout, and finish the 70D's feel should all be very similar to 60D. In what way did it feel more like your 450D?

was looking to upgrade... actually wanted to go one-step up to a new 7DMkII if it will ever show its face... not looking to go FF

I don't think of any progression within the same line to be an "upgrade". To me, 60D to 70D is a sideways move, just a refinement of a basic feature set. IMHO (YMMV) an upgrade would be to higher model line with more advanced feature set and/or larger format, e.g. from 60D to 7D, 5D/6D, or 1D lines.

I wouldn't say that .. even from a photographic only aspect, there were advancements and improvements in just about every area.

+1 Rrccad

Folks should really take into consideration the positive benefits of any increase in "keeper percentage" as well (not just poring over the manuf spec). Actual shooting results. (For instance the Macro AF performance of the 100L Macro on my 70D is leagues better than with any other cam I've shot Macro with).

For the benefit of those in the hunt, I think that as more and more folks get these 70Ds in hand, the "capability" picture will become even clearer.

And it sure looks like the upcoming 7D Mk II will be an even more capable performer with its dual processors and a host of other refinements (even if by chance it does sport basically the same sensor).

well, let's see .. over the 60D

- faster fps
- much,much much more advanced AF
- slightly better viewfinder
- much better AEB (heck this was regated to 1 series only a generation ago)
- more advanced MFA versus none
- wifi tethering

- more ergonomic touch screen (if you don't think this rocks for photography you never tried it)
- better sensor (more mp's, better OOC jpg,etc)

did i forget anything?

oh yeah that video stuff too.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow