ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,189Gear list
Like?
I've just upgraded to PhotoLine v.18 -- a remarkable image (etc!) editor
11 months ago

It is written for both Windows and Mac.

Really worth a look. People tend to downgrade it because it is such a small app (26.4 MB download on the Mac) and it is so low priced (59 Euros - something under $100). The upgrade price is only 29 Euros.

In fact, it challenges and surpasses Photoshop in many respects. 32 and 64 bit, takes most P'shop compatible plug-ins.

I've been on it since v.13 (if I remember correctly and that's not guaranteed -- check out my picture!) after getting tired of P'shop bloat and new features that were more and more meaningless to me (although some of the recent automated things that really belong to Elements are excellent).

It is the product of two German brothers who obviously have a passion for clean, super efficient code (hence the small size of the download) and no ambition to become millionaires!

They support it personally, there is a paid upgrade about every 18-24 months and in between there are point upgrade/updates that are free.

Their nomenclature is a little different from P'shop but once you work through that, it's fine.

It also offers some quite extensive vector and type tools.

You can check it out at http://pl32.com

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow