sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,387Gear list
Like?
Re: I only see 3 so far
In reply to Donny out of Element here, Oct 5, 2013

Donny out of Element here wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

EarthQuake wrote

An 85 has been shown/rumored as well, probably an 85/1.8 though it hasn't been confirmed that this is a FF lens (it would be really surprising if it isnt).

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-first-picture-of-the-85mm-f1-8-e-mount-lens/

From rumors, it seems like there will be 4-5 FF e-mount lenses.

35/2.8

55/1.8

85/1.8

zoom of some sort, 28-70/4? or 24-70/2.8 or 4?

and a tele, 70-400? though this seems a bit nuts

Just as I thought the UWA Lens are not going to work well at alll on the Nex FF...35mm is the widest they are going as this is the widest they can achieve without corner issues on the FF same as RX1...

So not even a 28mm or a 24mm for Nex FF, and that is sad, but that's reality, it can't be done...or if it can it's not cost effective...

Dude, there already are 2 zooms ready for announcement in less than 2 weeks that have 28mm and 24mm! at their wide end, the last one is actually Zeiss. I'm sure more primes will follow including UWA.

Yeah, and the widest is a Zeiss 24 - 70. There is no way Zeiss and Sony release a lens that is going to have corner issues that LTZ470 describes. But he's speaking from ignorance so I suppose he can make any claim he wants. The Zeiss 24 - 70 is an SR5 rumor, so that's as strong as rumors go from SonyAlphaRumors . . . I guess we'll know whether LTZ470 is making stuff up, as we suspect, or not in the next few weeks as these things emerge from beyond the rumor mill.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow