SUV Runs Over Biker, helmet cam to the rescue?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,062Gear list
Like?
Re: not really
In reply to wisep01, 9 months ago

wisep01 wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

I'm trying to have an objective discussion and see if people can get to the facts with a level head.

I don't "take a side" here,

Not really.....you just took a side:

The crushed biker didn't deserve to be run over just because he was riding stupid.

That's taking sides as the video does indeed indicate he was provoking the incident (watch close and from the begining). His criminianl record for past driving offenses seem to corroborate that to some degree. The biker run over (Edwin Mieses) has a six-page criminal record that began at age 12 with a negligent driving charge and includes jail time for drugs, guns, resisting arrest and other convictions, according to court records. Mieses has a pending case out of Lawrence District Court for driving suspended and subsequent offense. Mieses also has 15 guilty findings for criminal offenses including distribution of cocaine, possession of a firearm without a permit, knowingly receiving stolen property, resisting arrest and several motor vehicle violations, court records show.

Seems he finaly did get what he deserved and perhaps a good thing he's now of the street.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Hear, Hear! The word that comes to mind is comeuppance, and that biker certainly got his.

This is a better term. He had it coming. But what he deserved is a completely different thing. That's all I'm saying. He should have known something like this might happen.

As impressive as it may be, I wonder whether the Mieses "rap" sheet is par for the course among bikers. Perhaps stevo23 might know--isn't he a biker after all. Haha. What's most telling, indubitably, is that none of his comments have received even a single up-vote. There is a god, after all.

Wow - so you're implying that I have some association with asshat outlaw bikers? When have I implied anything of the sort of you or anyone else? When have I ever personally cast scorn on anyone in this thread?

The camera footage, far from exonerating the bikers (as the title of this thread would seem to suggest), irreversibly cements an image of them as a band of wanton, conscience-less thugs given to the unbridled acting-out of their baser instincts.

I've never said it exhonerated anything. I'm only saying - "does it rescue anything"? Note the question mark. I'm asking if it helps to have the footage at all? Clearly the one who filmed it thinks it hurst the bikers' case since he apparently tried to pull it. There was other footage that he did manage to pull.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow