tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 904Gear list
Like?
Re: TV, Is this the final chapter?
In reply to Schwany, Oct 5, 2013

Schwany wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

Hi Walter,

I've had 3 defective copies of the 1DX all were "marked" fixed by Canon or I was told it was not defective and each one failed the same wasy.

Is there a question I can answer for you about defective Canon EOS 1DX cameras that are manufactured with defective parts that cause it to fail.

The blabk specs people see are shavings of plastic or metal and or oil spalsh from a piece of plastic rubbing up on metal. At some point it HAS to fail over and over even after being fixed. No amount of lube or oil can stop it. No way it will make it to 400,000 exposures as advertisied

After being through this THREE times and reading reports from people all over the world many of know that the 1DX is defective in design AND manufacturing

Know that the 1DX cannot focus when this issue rears it's ugly head. And there is NO WAY ANY 1DX with this metal rubbing on plastic will make it to 400,000 exposures! The design and manufacturing is defective.

Canon should make the cameras right and replace each one they sold as they know they sold defective cameras.

This really sounds like a class action law suit in the making

So the last one that fantastic Canon fixed perfectly and ended up focusing perfectly finally failed and you returned it? I hope you returned it. I sure would have. Don't tell me you got yet another one?

I agree about the class action, but who has the money and time to start one. Canon is counting on consumer limitations. And as mentioned, the big agencies don't care because the cameras do work with those spots in the viewfinder, and if one does fail they would just send it in for repair and get a loaner. It's just a tool.

I have 6800 clicks on mine, it has had the fix, it now has spots in the viewfinder both upper corners, and it still focuses. I'm hoping it fails to focus before my warranty is up, at least I'd get some more miles out of it. Somebody said they had 150,000 clicks on two of them. That would last me 30 years at my rate of use. he he

I'm a sucker.... got another one. With a "new Mirror box" yeh right!!!  I really have too much faith in man!  I'm just watching the counter REAL close. With my frig'n luck I'll be in Aruba shooting in 3 weeks and the thing will fail. I don't mean to jinx myself but "I've had the WORST luck with 1DX's"  Like YOU said.... I'm a bad camara magnet <ROFL> or Canon has lost all respect for their pro-customers to keep letting people go into the field with defective equipment that was ADVERTISED to work under extream conditions when even when placed on a silk pillow FAILS!

What a waste of time energy and money!!!!  Canon needs to do MUCH better with the 1DX

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow