Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,706Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1 vs X-A1 raws with 14/2.8
In reply to forpetessake, 10 months ago

forpetessake wrote:

Absolutic wrote:

Xtrans provides Fuji with marketing advantage so it won't go anywhere even though many of us wish the new X cameras came with bayer.

The Trans marketing advantage will be lost after lots of reviews state the obvious. The Trans cameras will be perceived as more expensive and less capable.

However, common reviews these days are not stating it.

The Nikon guy Matt Granger did a review on youtube where he compares XM1 and XA1, XM1 wins in his opinion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DZL7aM3ZmI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUL5Hf6_JIzb3HpiJQGqs8cQ but I think he is comparing jpegs.

They cannot change it. It will be a marketing suicide.

It's hard to make a quick turn, people will feel they were duped by previous claims. Fuji did a big mistake by releasing X-M1 and X-A1 identical bodies with different sensors. That made it possible to evaluate the Trans vs Bayer claims. They themselves created this predicament.

+1 it is easy to compare these two and it might have been a marketing mistake by the Fuji.

If they switch to bayer the marketing advantage will be lost. It will be just another ilc with same 16mp Sony sensor. How would u differentiate ur self from Sony then?

Actually Sony's NEX cameras are really good. I did a number of NEX vs X-E1 tests and Sony in most of them was a winner. The weak spot of Sony is the lack of good lenses, the latest Zeiss was a big disappointment. The Trans sensor is Fuji's imaginary advantage, the only real advantage Fuji has is some good lenses, and they should build on that.

I owned NEX-5n and then Nex7, and while Nex7 had incredible detail rendering at base ISO, the (1) lack of lenses, (2) relatively poor af in low light , and (3)noise in low light, made me switch at the time, I believe to m43 with OMD EM5, which took care of issues (1) and (2). The Fuji clearly wins in ergonomics in my opinion. In fact, I remember when my friend bought NEX5 and showed me that marvel when it came out, I spend 15 minutes and still could not figure out how to change ISO (they put it in some completely illogical place in the menu). I like the Fuji's ergonomics with the Q button and ability to change aperture on the lens.

In any case, I don't believe that you can win a marketing war on Lenses alone. You've got to have more than that. Sony sells more Nex cameras that Fuji X I am sure (at least I see more of Nex around, times more) with crappiest kit lens on planet (16-50).

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow