Is the NEX-5T the last NEX camera?

Started Oct 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,916Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the NEX-5T the last NEX camera?
In reply to captura, Oct 5, 2013

captura wrote:

The 5R/T are not fully developed cameras. That they didn't take the opportunity to compete the job with the 5T speaks to something... maybe abandonment.

Yes, the more I think about this comment the more correct it seems.  I guess that is why I don't like my 5R in the same way as I like the original 5, even though the specs are clearly superior.  The Original NEX 5 was a coherent and nicely put-together camera at a very good price - a very good entrance for the NEX range IMHO.  The 5R/T isn't a bad camera, but it's a bit of a 'dogs-dinner' in some respects and has a surprising number of 'rough edges' for a 3rd generation product

The best example of this is the 'useless' top dial on the 5R/T... every review comments on how little purpose this dial serves with the current firmware implementation and many people have suggested assigning the rear control dial to direct EV compensation.  Why didn't this simple change get added to the 5T?

You might well be right about the 'abandonment' aspect...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow