Like?
Re: Do you ever miss built in flash?
In reply to t.c. marino, 10 months ago

t.c. marino wrote:

AOKH wrote:

t.c. marino wrote:

AOKH wrote:

PeterTX wrote:

Looking at converting to 6D and my only concern is lack of built in flash. With my current camera I use it for fill ins every now and then. If I know will need flash then I take the real external with me, but most I don't especially for travel where I want as little as possibly to carry.

So you existing 6D owners that came from a camera that had built in flash, do you miss it?

To me, the built-in flash is completely inadequate so I always have a real flash mounted at nearly all times anyway (580 II).

-- hide signature --

Regards. Anders

DUDE the built in flash on the nikons are mostly used to wiressly fire the nikon speedlights..if your canon dont support that feauture you have to spend a couple hundred dollars for the wireless trigger..canon was so impressed with it that it was added to 7d and 60d.just saying

-- hide signature --

nikonshooter

I haven't gotten into wireless flash (just a simple amateur). But if I was, it would certainly be a nice feature

-- hide signature --

Regards. Anders

did not mean to come off so strong..i would not and do not use the built in flash on my nikons for fill..but use them very effectively to wirelessly fire my speedlights..i shared my technique with my 7d shooting colleagues and they now use the built in flash to trigger their canon speedlights..works really well.happy shooting

-- hide signature --

nikonshooter

The optical wireless system has so many disadvantages that since the first radio triggers came on the market I never used it again. Canon has the new 600EX RT flashes that are really great if you want to shoot with wireless flash. The communication is flawless and you even know when your flash recharged or your batteries are low - this for me is a great advantage. Or you can buy really cheap basic radio triggers that still work great.

For the OP question: you can pull up the shadows really well from the 6D RAW files so you will not really miss the bulit in flash. For fill light I would recommend a small reflector - it will always look better than flash. Good luck.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow