ISOless sensors, read noise and photography - many questions!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Jack Hogan
Senior MemberPosts: 3,698Gear list
Like?
Re: no more low-light bracketing or high ISO setting, Nex C3 raw
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 10 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Jack Hogan wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Jack Hogan wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

For most part, yes. Actually, the C3 did a pretty good job at ISO 3200 for that particular image. I do note a slight change in color between ISO 3200 and ISO 800+push, visible in the lower left corner (carpet). The color looks a bit washed out in the latter. And if the rendering is closer in the first, then this case may be a good example where leaving ISO 3200 might be better...

Without knowing whether the alleged color change is due to the sensor or to LR turning on its high-ISO charm it's impossible to determine which ISO produces 'better' IQ.

Jack

Well, let us then discuss EVERY possible combination, and find out the optimal solution, instead of a moving target.

I'd prefer to look at a couple of raws myself.

And that is where my argument came from... looking at images. If you need RAWs, ask the person who posted them.

If only it were that simple we would have had the issue settled months ago. Asking often nets you answers like this or this. And just so that we are clear, this is what we are asking for:

Two D800/e NEFs available for download of a high DR scene, captured with decent technique on a tripod.

• The first, manually 'properly' exposed at ISO1600;
  • The second captured immediately after at ISO100, all other things being equal.

Anybody?

Jack

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BAM!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow