Would you buy X-Trans or Bayer

Started 9 months ago | Polls thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,911Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you buy X-Trans or Bayer
In reply to NTNphoto, 9 months ago

NTNphoto wrote:

Honestly after using the X-E1 since December...a Bayer sensor. Ergonomic wise I love the camera. I like using it, the build quality, the options for adapting other lenses, but I have come to the opinion that I really and truly do not enjoy working with X trans raw files. Bayer files are easier and cleaner to work with. Yes I can use something other than Photoshop or Lightroom to edit, but my entire Nikon workflow is routed through those programs and the x trans fuji is not so good as to change my entire workflow.

I would sell my X-E1 for a Bayer version almost immediately. I don't want a X-A1 because of the cheaper build and no evf.

Well, this only shows you how different people's opinions can be??? I have used Nikons and Canon cameras, the last ones D300s, D800 and the 5DMKII. When I switched to the Fuji, I thought initially to just use the camera for travel, but the files when opened were like I had removed the veil from the lens, there was a clarity, that I still find unbelievable, my initial idea was that this was probably due to the X-Trans Sensor ... Have compared the Fuji files lately to the Canon 6D and still find the Fuji would be my preference!

But! I see you use Lightroom, I use Capture One 7 Pro ... would have been nicer if the sensors algorithms were more universally useable, but maybe that's part of what I like about it!

... crop from a photo taken last week, have a look at 100% obviously not to your liking, but I personally find that the files are amongst the cleanest I have on my computer ... just my opinion ok, I like the skin tones and the sharpness level:

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow