Adobe ... why are you keeping my credit card number?

Started Oct 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roy Sletcher
Contributing MemberPosts: 823
Like?
Re: Adobe ... why are you keeping my credit card number?
In reply to Graham Meale, Oct 5, 2013

Graham Meale wrote:

I have been told when placing an order with certain businesses that I've previously dealt with that they are legally forbidden to keep credit card details.

-- hide signature --

I think this may vary depending upon the jurisdiction.

A couple of years back I was registering for a photographic workshop at University of Massachusetts in Amherst. When I called back a day or so later to change some details and asked them to bill it to the same credit card as the original charges I was told the were forbidden to keep credit card details on file, and I had to repeat all the details again over the telephone. I think they said "illegal", but can't honestly recall.

Just saying! There seems to be some variation in interpretation here, and I can see the argument for both sides. However, if somebody elects to keep my personal details on file, then the onus should be on him to protect that information, or accept the ensuing liability if he screws up. Else we are going to see more and more of these security breeches if there is no accountability or consequences.

Roy Sletcher

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow