Fuji X vs M43 weight and size comparison

Started Oct 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,238Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X vs M43 weight and size comparison
In reply to Red5TX, Oct 4, 2013

Red5TX wrote:

APS-C becomes a size disadvantage as you get into longer-range zooms. The Fuji 55-200 is gigantic compared to the Olympus 40-150, which covers the same range. Of course, it's also a better lens.

I agree that the size difference is not substantial enough to matter for standard zooms and most primes.

I would think the lens is matched to the sensor. You can put a Nikon APC lens on a FF Nikon camera or the other way. I forget off the top which combo gives some darkening to the corners because of the crop.

The other difference is the 55-200 lens on MFT's is 110-400 equivalent and for APC it is like 80-300. So crop factor.

As far as what lens is better it does not matter because you can not mix and match these lenses inside the manufactures body like Panasonic and Olympus so it is not really a fair comparison.

With Fuji you have control over Dynamic Range which I think is a contributing factor to the result. I am not aware you have the same exact overrides with Micro Four Thirds.

ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow