SUV Runs Over Biker, helmet cam to the rescue?

Started Oct 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 4,805Gear list
Like?
Re: SUV Runs Over Biker, helmet cam to the rescue?
In reply to Mark B., Oct 4, 2013

Mark B. wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

wombat661 wrote:

From what I read in various news account, the bikers were trying to shut down the highway. This dad was the only one resisting and still driving. You can see in all the video he was the only car on the road. From there on, is down hill.

Actually, he's not the only one. There's a white van that pushes through the group.

The bikers were doing illegal things, yes. As a responsible dad with your wife and child in the car, I would have pulled over when everyone else were pulling over. Let the gang pass. Is just not worth the confrontation. Especially since he was celebrating their anniversary. Is not exactly a life and death situation that he really had to be at whatever place they were going. Celebrating five minutes latter probably would not have mattered.

To me, that is a major lapse of judgement on the dad's part. Is pointless to blame the bikers. You got your family with you, take care of your family before challenging these bikers.

I think there's blame on both sides, but I can see no justification for plowing a biker under your SUV.

From the reports I heard, he did in fact stop after the one biker stopped short - w/o enough time for the SUV to avoid him - and got hit. Then, it appears bikers began slashing his tires. Would you stay there and wait patiently for the cops to come?

I still haven't confirmed the slashed tires. But even so, running away to save your tires doesn't justify plowing someone under.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow