My New 1DX Has Black Spots.

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
PhotoKhan
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,262
Like?
Re: My New 1DX Has Black Spots.
In reply to XeroJay, Oct 4, 2013

XeroJay wrote:

What if I do pay the $800 repair - and more debris accumulates on the new prism?

Dear XeroJay, I have been silently following your (and other's) saga about this issue.

I feel the need to intervene now because I am getting this feeling that you (an estimated fellow user) are taking the wrong path, one that will be heavily prejudicial for yourself.

Please stop considering the possibility of having to pay for anything related with this issue from your own pocket.

This is a known, well-documented problem.

Take whatever measures you need but please, please do not fall for their antics, for the sake of us all, current, past and future users of this or any other Canon camera.

Once, they admitted the problems exists ("caused by minute particles produced by wear due to the inconsistent lubrication", their own wording) it is their burden to prove that any particle contamination in difficult-to-reach areas in any 1DX camera is the fault of the user, not the camera.

Step-up to legal counseling if you have to but do not accept their inadmissible behavior.

All the best.

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)
-------------------------------------------------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow