SUV Runs Over Biker, helmet cam to the rescue?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,313Gear list
Like?
Re: SUV Runs Over Biker, helmet cam to the rescue?
In reply to happysnapper64, 10 months ago

happysnapper64 wrote:

I have been held up several times by pedal cyclists & it can be a pain. The bikers could have pulled over & let the SUV through. However, I would like to know where the SUV driver was going that meant waiting a few minutes would spoil?

Impatience & lack of courtesy is rife on our roads today. They are a very dangerous place to be.

This event wasn't that at all. These bikers should all be run over. Yes, bikers aren't given enough consideration on the road all too often, and that's a big problem. I respect bikers - well, bikers that don't routinely put their lives and others in danger. You get a large crowd of young testosterone dripping young men together. . . any manner of idiocy is possible.

I understand the knee-jerk reaction in defense of this crowd of bikers, but. . .

Back to helmet cams - it was the footage from those cams that revealed what actually happened. Thank goodness, for justice will be served.  Well, to a degree (some may escape Police involvement, and for some that might be a lucky thing, as they may relative innocents that won't join in such an event.  Others will live to tempt fate on another day.)

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow