stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,170Gear list
Like?
Re: How can I keep my D-600 when...
In reply to LynchpinH, 9 months ago

LynchpinH wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

First - nice photo.

Second - stay away from f22! That scene needs f8 at the most.

Third - it's dirty alright. Do you know how many actuations you have on it? Mine was actually worse after the first 2 or 3 months with much greater accumulation in the upper left of the image. Maybe a good wet clean will fix you right up? Maybe you need to send it to Nikon?

I'll let you know how mine goes. I see dust - for sure there is some and I can make it show up. But in a normal image with proper focus etc., I really have to look for it. Much better.

I was after the longest shutter speed I could get. I know f/22 is dangerous, but it's the only option I had as ISO was bottomed out. That was just a crop from the corner; end image is:

Yeah, Nikon is the next step for me. Worst case is I keep it and put up with wet cleaning myself until the issue goes away. My only concern there is that it's a royal pain if you're going away on holidays etc. I'd still like to return it for another body, but I'm also happy if Nikon can fix it. I'm glad to hear yours is going well - some others have said that their fix simply meant they had a new shutter that threw lube/debris like the original one - good to hear yours seems to be improved. After 1,000 actuations it should really be evident if there's a problem. I've shot about 2,500 images with mine so far (over 3 months, with 3 cleans required in that time).

It's not as evident in this rendering.

I think I will always get stuff on my sensor. There's no way around it - the thing is just begging for it. I shoot mostly primes and I can't do much without changing lenses. The difference is that the original problem was hideous on one corner.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow