pulled the trigger on X-A1

Started Oct 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Buttons252
Regular MemberPosts: 332Gear list
Like?
Re: B&H is more trustworthy
In reply to ryan2007, Oct 4, 2013

ryan2007 wrote:

B&H is an excellent source. When they say expected arrival date it is not the same as when it says in stock.

If a camera is popular enough they will ship the camera and not change expected date status. It will change to backordered. Your getting in line to buy a new camera. Same thing with lenses.

As far as Amazon goes, I would never buy a camera from them. Most of the time you will end up buying rented camera bodies, lenses bags from Amazon. They have no standards when it comes to a return. Amazon can not tell if someone shot lots of video or thousands of photos.

B&H return policy is very clear about at what point they will not take a "new" camera back as new.

I completely agree. I bought a canon pixma pro 100 from amazon and someone had already redeemed its UPC code for the $300 mail in rebate!  I was able to get it sorted out, but it was really frustrating.  Many people buy things on amazon then simply return it then it gets resold as new still.

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-E1 + PK lens adapter + 55mm Pentax SMC 55mm F1.8

Buttons252's gear list:Buttons252's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow