Started Oct 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thomas Karlmann
Senior MemberPosts: 2,683Gear list
Like?
Non-Smart-Phone user needs help -- E-M1
Oct 4, 2013

Although I use cell phones, I'm not a Smart Phone user. What criteria do I need to look for in a phone to be compatible with the E-M1? I would rather not go the expensive 2-year-contract way.

I also just found out that the non-contract cell phone service I use, (Tracfone), offers some phones claiming to be Android compatible. Both do Wi-Fi.  Then I assumed that because they ran Android, that I  could get the "App" required to run the E-M1.  Am I Good so far?  These phones appear to be older models -- gauged by their screen size of only 3.5 inches. One is a "ZTE Valet" running Android 4.1; the other is a "Samsung Galaxy Centura" running Android 4.0.  Given the small screen size to be a known limitation, would either of these work to connect with & operate the E-M1?

Would you Smart-Phone-Gurus suggest a better alternative that does not cost arm+leg?  I would be willing to get a proper Smart Phone, but perhaps just not acquire phone service for it.  I would then use it just for E-M1 use.  How would I do this?  What would the Phone cost?  How should I investigate this further?

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Thom--

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow