How can I keep my D-600 when...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,233Gear list
Like?
Re: 1000+ actuations and still good...
In reply to stevo23, 9 months ago

I bought my D600 when they were first released and I nearly went off my head worry about the dust problems I had with my camera. I learnt how to wet clean the sensor myself and I glad I did as I have lost count on how many times I had to clean the dust/oil off my sensor. Thanks to Nikon I'm an expert at cleaning the sensor now and it only takes me one or two goes now to get it right.

At 10,00 shutter count the oil/dust marks started to get less and finally now at 20,000 the sensor seems to be so much better and I haven't spotted one oil/dust mark. It seems to behaving like my D700 and before that my D300, in the way it might get an occasional mark from lens changes.

I still love the camera despite all the trouble it has given me with this damn dust/oil issue.

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow