Pls show examples where increasing brightness in post better than increasing ISO.

Started Oct 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,694
Like?
Re: You are welcome
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, Oct 3, 2013

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

It doesn't matter. It's the same sensor with AA filter.

Hum. From here

D7100 vs D5200: the 14 key differences (1-4)

1. Sensor: Aliasing vs. non-aliased

Both cameras have a 24-megapixel APS-C sensor measuring 23.5 x 15.6mm. Nikon claims that the sensor in the D7100 is a brand new design, but the key point for most users will be the fact that Nikon’s left out the OLPF (Optical Low Pass Filter), also known as the anti-aliasing filter, in front of the sensor. These are used to prevent moiré (interference effects) with fine patterns and textures, but at the cost of slightly blurring the fine detail. Nikon’s decided that the size and resolution of this sensor makes moiré unlikely and that the gain in sharpness from removing the filter is a bigger benefit. As a result, although the D7100 and D5200 have the same resolution, you can expect the fine detail from the D7100 to be slightly sharper.

Of course, that may be wrong.  I don't have either camera so I don't know for sure.

But beyond all that, I don't think such a test ought be done using auto WB -- even using a tripod, which seems to have moved slightly between the D5200 shots.

-- hide signature --

gollywop

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow